All passports are issued in Dominica. Applications may be processed at the Dominica Consulate General in HCMC, Vietnam and are transmitted to the Passport Office in Dominica for printing. Passports are returned to Dominica Consulate in HCMC, Vietnam for collection/dispatch.
Requirements to apply for Dominica Passport
1. Completed Application Form (PDF)
Two Photographs are required: (IMPORTANT Note exact photo size)
- The photos shall not be more than six months old and shall be 45mm in height x 38mm in width or (1 3/4″ x 1 1/2″).
- The image shall be 3 to 5mm from the top edge and 10 to 12mm from the bottom edge and show a close-up of the applicant’s head and the top of the
- The face shall look directly at the camera with both ears showing and shall take up 70-80 percent of the vertical dimension of the picture.
- Photos should be printed on high-quality paper with high resolution.
- The photo should neither be overexposed nor underexposed.
- No shadows.
- Background colors should be white, Light Grey, Light Blue, Light Brown, Beige.
- There must be a contrast between image and background, e.g. no white shirt on white background etc.
- No sleeveless or tank tops. Chest area must be covered.
- No shades or sunglasses.
- No light reflections on glasses.
- No head covering except in case of Muslims (Both ears and forehead must be visible).
- No bold prints, or military shirts or camouflage.
- Facial expression must be neutral. (Person may smile but mouth must not be open)
Original and copy of birth certificate or original certificate of naturalisation.
First-time applicants must be interviewed. Applicants should contact the Dominica Consulate in HCMC, Vietnam by email at [email protected] to arrange an appointment.
Persons collecting passports on behalf of an applicant must have a written notarized order (done in the presence of a Notary Public) from the applicant. This applies even if the person brought in the application on behalf of the applicant.
3. Lost/damaged/stolen passports
Requirements on applying for a new passport on the grounds that the previous passport has been lost, stolen or damaged:
- A certificate from the police reporting loss of passport. An official English translation of police report is required where applicable.
- A report must be lodged with the Police in the Commonwealth of Dominica, Police Headquarters, Roseau, Commonwealth of Dominica,
Telephone +1 767 448 2222, Facsimile +1 767 4486204;
Email [email protected].Please write the name of the officer to whom the report was made on the passport application form in the section marked “SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION”.
- A statutory declaration to that effect, witnessed by a Notary Public or Commissioner of Oaths (copy of sample declaration can be obtained from the Consulate General.
4. Personal Recommendation
Section 8 of the Application Form must be completed by an acceptable person, who has known the applicant for a least 2 years. Acceptable professions are listed on the front of the application
- Original copy of applicant’s birth certificate or Certificate of Naturalisation (where applicable)
- Completed passport application form (downloadable form)
- All documents must be in English. Documents in another language must be accompanied by an official English translation.
5. Passport Fees: To avoid delay applicants are asked to make payments to the Dominica Consulate General.
- Children under 16 years of age: EC$50.00
- Adults (16 years older): $100.00
- Lost/Stolen passports: Penalty fee of $400.00 in addition to
the application fee.
- Treasury receipt as proof of payment of application fee.
- The normal processing time for passports is two (2) weeks. In an emergency, for example, in the case of illness, passports can be processed almost immediately, or within two to three working days.
- Stamps are no longer required for passport applications